Spectator/Student Code of Conduct
- Remember that school athletics is a learning experience for students and that mistakes are sometimes made. Praise student-athletes in their attempt to improve themselves as students, as athletes, and as people, just as you would praise a student working in the classroom.
- Remember that you are at the contest to show support for your team and to enjoy the skill and competition – not to intimidate or ridicule the other team or its fans.
- A ticket is a privilege to observe the contest; you should not verbally assault others or be generally obnoxious.
- Show respect for the opposing players, coaches, spectators and support groups.
- Respect the integrity and judgment of game officials.
- Recognize and show appreciation for an outstanding play by either team.
- Learn the rules of the game, so that you may understand and appreciate why certain situations take place.
- Use only cheers that support and uplift the teams involved.
- Be a positive role model at events through your own actions and by censuring those around you whose behavior is unbecoming.