Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony Updates
Congratulations on making it to this point in your academic career.
We are proud of you and encourage you to finish your journey strong. We would like to provide you some preliminary information for our Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony.
Please keep in mind that we are having to make changes to traditional plans and will have more information as the spring semester progresses.
We will send more specific information about the graduation day.
- Graduation Venue: Kenneth Hall Stadium
- Venue Map (How to Find Your Way Around-Please see the attachment)
- Address: 3333 Hurricane Ln. Missouri City, TX 77459
- Ceremony Date/Time: Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 6:00 pm. – 8:00 pm.
Caps and Gowns:
Students will pick up their caps, gowns, announcements, and yearbooks at the front office in May. We will send specific information about this event to your school email and post them on our school website. Remember that you must have a cap and gown if you intend to walk at graduation in 2021.
If you still need to order it’s easy! Please contact Mr. Fatih at email@example.com.
Graduates will receive their diplomas after the ceremony. Diplomas will not be distributed to graduates with outstanding obligations/fines, etc.
On Saturday, May 15th, at 11:00 AM, there will be a mandatory graduation rehearsal in the our gymnasium. Pizzas and drinks will be provided. All seniors are expected to participate in this rehearsal to ensure a well-prepared ceremony that evening.
Graduation Commencement – Student Information
- All Senior students arrive by 3:00 p.m. – Transportation will NOT be provided by the school. – Please park in the parking lot for the graduation ceremony and we encourage parents to pick up vehicles following the ceremony.
- 5:00 p.m. – Gates open for family and friends seating.
- 5:35 p.m. – Graduates please be in your rows in the field for final instructions.
- You will be lead into the field for the 6:00 p.m. processional. You must walk quietly to the seating areas in the field, one line.
- Graduates are expected to be dressed appropriately for commencement. Graduation at Kenneth Hall Stadium is a formal event. Boys are asked to wear a shirt, (a tie looks good) dress slacks, and dress shoes with their gowns. Girls are asked to wear dress shoes (no flip-flops, no high hills) with their gowns. No sunglasses allowed.
- This is the largest public ceremony of the school year and possibly your school years. Please be mindful of the formal occasion. Your conduct is important, and your community is a part of this event.
- Tickets are REQUIRED for admission to the commencement ceremony.
- The tassel is worn draped over the right front quarter of the cap. During the tassel ceremony, the tassel is moved to the left front quarter of the cap. Our principal will conduct the tassel ceremony. All graduates will recess together. Please note: Teachers and counselors will lead the processional.
- Please iron your gown if it needs it. You may keep your gown, hat, tassel & honor chord.
- Your diploma will be issued from our front office with the understanding that all fines and other obligations are resolved before your diploma will be issued (In June, 2021).
If you or a friend/family member uses a wheelchair or other mobility-assistive device, you will be able to request accommodations starting May. Please submit Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony Guests Ticket Request Form.
Need further assistance? Please email to Mr. Fatih at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for In-Person Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony:
We will send more specific information about the guidelines.
Senior Cap and Gown Picture:
On April 19th and April 20th we held senior portrait day and “Life Touch” took each senior’s Tux & Drape and Cap & Gown pictures. We will inform you when the company finishes the touch up and the seniors pictures are ready to purchase.
During the ceremony we will have a photo booth at the stadium and senior students will be able to take a picture after they received the diplomas.
Items that need to be returned to HSI-Sugar Land Front Office:
This includes, but is not limited to Chromebooks and chargers, calculators, textbooks, athletic uniforms, library materials, and other school owned items by the last day of school.
Tickets and Parking Passes:
I would like to introduce you all to our concept for tickets. Given that each family’s additional guest list will vary in size, we wanted to see if we could get a better grasp on predicting how many tickets each family will want, and if we can accommodate those who will need many more than others. To do so, we have created a Google Form, which parents must fill out so that we can see how many tickets your family is interested in having. Each family will be provided with 10 tickets, In the form, we recommend that you give us the most accurate prediction of how many tickets you will need that you can provide.
If you are aware that you will need handicapped seating, please indicate this on the Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony Guests Ticket Request Form
Parents must have completed this Google Form by May 7th, 2021 at 4:00 PM.
Do guests need tickets?
Yes, in order to maximize social distancing, and in accordance with TEA guidelines for outdoor graduation ceremonies, this will be a ticketed event. Tickets will be required for all guests over the age of two (2). Graduating seniors do not require a ticket. You must have a ticket to enter the stadium.
Dear senior students please enter your guest number by using below form. Your guest tickets will be provided by counselors on a rehearsal day.
Do guests need to purchase parking in advance?
No. It is not necessary to purchase parking at this venue.
Is there reserved seating at hall stadium?
There is no reserved seating and saving seats is not allowed. All seating is open. Texas Education Agency (TEA) guidelines allow family groups of five or fewer to sit together, and all families are encouraged to maintain appropriate social distancing at all times, including during their entry and exit to the stadium.
Graduating from high school is dependent upon earning the number and type of credits needed to earn a diploma.
Participating in the graduation ceremony is a privilege, one that your family will truly value as they have spent a lot of time supporting you in your academic studies. Please take time to ensure that you are eligible to graduate by earning the credits needed. Please take time to ensure that you are able to participate in the graduation ceremony by making good choices for the remainder of your senior year and by making sure that you have taken care of all financial responsibilities.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions.
Have a wonderful day!
Thanks in Advance
Mr. Walter Morgan, M.Ed
Dean of College & Career | Harmony School of Innovation-Sugar Land
Address: 13522 W. Airport Blvd. Sugar Land, TX 77478Phone: 2813026445 Ext: 323 | Fax: 2813026745 | Website: https://hsisl.harmonytx.org/