Dear HSI Sugar Land Students
I am pleased to welcome you back to the 2020-21 school year! I would like to extend a special welcome to all of the new students joining HSI Sugar Land this year and welcome back all of our returning students as well.
As announced earlier, our campus will start the academic year on Monday, August 17 in an online-only setting. Classes will continue online-only until at least Tuesday, September 8.
Please read below important reminders and click on the links to watch the videos explaining how to access Harmony Portal. Once students get access to Harmony Portal, they will have access to all other resources such as Student Emails, Schoology, CLEVER, etc.
Please follow these steps to ensure you have access before Monday, August 17, 2020.
- Logging into Schoology through My Harmony Portal : If you do not remember your Student ID, or are new and did not receive it, please ask your parents to check their emails listed in Skyward. Student IDs have been sent to parent email addresses individually.
- Schoology Student View : Watch this video to learn the basics of navigating Schoology. All of the classes on your schedule in Skyward will automatically appear in Schoology on 8/17 – please note that unfortunately, you won’t be able to see your classes in Schoology until the first day of school. Students will not need access codes for classes – as long as they are on your Skyward schedule, they will be added to your Schoology automatically. Parents will need parent access codes, which will be shared by the school on August 17, 2020.
- On the morning of August 17, the first day of school, students must log in to Skyward and check which class they have Lesson 1 on Monday. Then log in to Schoology and visit that class to find the Zoom link for the class meeting.
- Messaging a Teacher : You can send messages to your teachers or other school staff by clicking on the little envelope near your username and typing your teacher’s name. This feature is already active.
- Schedule Briefing : Read this document for a quick overview of this year’s schedule, grade level by grade level
- For additional support on Schoology, please click here.